- Mouldmaker's Row
- West out of Foster Lane and north from Round Court and west and north into Dean's Court. In St. Martin's le Grand in Aldersgate Ward (Lockie, 1816).First mention: "Moldmaker Row" (O. and M. 1677).In a deed of 1684 some of the messuages are described as newly built (L.C.C. Deeds, Harben Bequest, 1600-1700, No.102).Other name: "Mouldmakers Rents" (Strype, Ed. 1720).The western end seems to have been called " Back Alley" (q.v.) in the 18th century.Site afterwards occupied by the buildings of the old General Post Office, erected 1825-9
A Dictionary of London. Henry A Harben. 1918.
Look at other dictionaries:
Moldmaker Row — See Mouldmaker s Row … Dictionary of London
Old General Post Office — On the east side of St. Martin le Grand (Street), between that street and Foster Lane. Erected 1825 9. Archt., Sir Robt. Smirke. Other buildings were erected subsequently on the west side of St. Martin s le Grand, for the Telegraph… … Dictionary of London